Monday, May 18, 2009

At last, Dharamsala

We made it to Dharamsala! The mountains are incredible, and make me feel a little more at home. One the ride up, we saw tons of wild monkeys! some had adorable little babies!! There were also a lot of cows roaming around! I didn't take any pictures today, because it was only a short drive and my camera gear was all packed up from the plane ride, but I'll definitely continue shooting tomorrow!

The home base is very nice! I'm staying in the second house, which is older, but still nice. I'm actually the only volunteer with my own room. its really a closet with a bed in it, but I'm stoked for the privacy.

We start of each day with yoga! I'm excited about that! Tomorrow we have orientation, then we go to our placements. I'm excited because the other guy that is placed in the day-care with me speaks Hindi and can help me communicate with the children and learn the language more!

I'll post more tomorrow! (AND PHOTOS, FOR SURE!)

goodnight,

-Amber

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you made it safely... pics....please! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it ok Amber. Thanks for keeping us updated and we look forward to hearing more about your experiences in India.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey you! im so glad to hear you've made it to india i knew you would. I can't wait to see some picture. good luck and have a wonderful time in a world most of us will never know. I love so much be safe amber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yaa for baby monkeys! gosh i wish i was with you! your awesome.. love you babe
    mom

    ReplyDelete